Du Guesclin is the first historical notary office in French Brittany. The office has just opened its new branch downtown Paris. The firm's history of success finds its roots in a few enduring values — stability, integrity and humanity. Our team of notaires have always measured themselves by their commitment to professional excellence, quality of service and client loyalty.
At Du Guesclin office, we are committed to finding legal solutions for individuals and businesses and provide legal and human services tailored to the individual needs of each client. Our multicultural team offers a new legal knowledge in different languages (English, German and Russian) and partnerships with international contacts.
Our practice includes the following areas of law:
- Private International Law :
The international team is led by specialists who have lived and worked abroad and have an international network of professionals. Should you have any international questions, we can deal with the following issues:
- International estate and tax planning: advance planning and support strategies for succession settlements.
- Matrimonial property regimes and alien elements: adapting marriage contracts, declarations of governing laws.
- Legal and tax assistance for expatriation and relocation.
- Analysis of trust and fiduciary structures and their tax consequences in France
- Structuring cross-border acquisitions: abroad by a French resident or in France by a non-resident
- Family Law
Our team is led by family law specialists who can deal with the following topics:
- Structuring your union: marriage contracts, partnerships, etc.
- Protecting your spouse or partner: marriage contracts, changes of matrimonial property regime, wills, etc.
- Estate planning and successions: donations, wills, strategies to protect future generations, adoptions, etc.
- Dependency risk prevention: future protection mandates, mandates with posthumous effect, etc.
- Real estate law
We have experience representing clients in all aspects of residential and commercial real estate and generally speaking:
- Optimizing the sale of your real estate assets.
- Analyzing the structuring and means of financing the acquisition of French assets
- Creating leases, legal and tax analysis of withdrawal arrangements.
- Drawing up building leases, professional leases and residential leases.
- Real estate development support
- Estate Planning Law
We provide straightforward legal advice to French citizens and bi-nationals from all over the world, who seek to plan for the future.
Our scope is quite wide:
- Tax optimization: personal or business asset restructuring..
- Adaptation of the matrimonial property regime
- Specific donations: donations, gradual donations, residual donations.
- Life insurance: configuration of policies, drafting of beneficiary clauses.
- Family companies: analysis of the corporate object and drawing up articles of association, tax options
- Business Law
Our legal team has the necessary skill to provide legal support for individuals forming businesses and to manage their legal needs.